Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stamping Block.

I showed you the other day a stamping block that Id bought from the op-shop.
The braid glued on really well and this is the print it makes.
I just rolled on some gold acylic.

I really like how it turned out.
Meanwhile I also did some basic mark making on the star shapes using some 3D paint


Then did a rubbing using some dye sticks Ive had around for years.
I just used a scruched up brown paper bag
Rubbed the sticks over.
Then its just a heat set transfer onto fabric.
A fairly pale transfer as I didnt rub on the dye sticks very hard.
But not as pale as a try to get a second print.
This also shows the type of dye sticks I used.

A simple straight-forward exercise that I will definitely be repeating over time.
I wonder what others use for simple transferring.
Regards
Phillipa

No comments: