Thursday, July 01, 2010

Finished Vest

A couple of weeks ago I finally finished the stitching on the felted vest.
In the end I didnt put the big flowers on. I feel they just didnt look right.
I will have to come up with another idea to use them on.
So I just had the twirling vines with large daisy like flowers done in a yummy bobbly wool.
A contrasting coloured bead for each centre.
Then a warm/vibrant lining.

The theme was for an Elizabethan Era item.
The rolled edge with the over stitching is reminiscent of that time and the
the floral embroidery was very popular back then along with formal gardens.
So I've put a contemporary feel to it.
I think it

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is just beautiful! I love the colors and the texture...